Top Reasons To Cruise
cruising now offers the best possible vacation experience.Once you've chosen your perfect cruise, your dreams will really start to take shape. And while you're picturing yourself poolside, we've got plenty of expert advice on how to best prepare for your upcoming cruise, no matter where you're headed. From the required travel documents and packing essentials to pier directions and expectations of a typical day at sea, you can rely on CruisesOnly to help ensure you get the most from your cruise experience - both before you sail and while onboard. We believe an informed, prepared cruiser is a happy cruiser, and this section will help make sure the planning doesn't get in the way of the daydreaming.
- Why wait for luggage delivery? If you bring a well-packed carry-on bag, then the fun can start the moment you step aboard. With a bathing suit, sandals, and sunscreen handy, you can head straight to the pool!
- Write down your stateroom number in a few places and keep it with you, especially on the first day or two of your cruise.
- Cash is not accepted onboard, except in the casino. Plan ahead - choose the credit card you'll use, or set aside an adequate amount of cash to set up your onboard account.
- Every evening, a newsletter detailing the next day's special activities will be delivered to you. Join in the fun, make your own adventures, or just relax by the pool!
- Most ships offer a captain's cocktail party on formal night. Photos with the captain - and free champagne - often make for a memorable evening!
- The photographers onboard offer a very affordable way to get a family portrait taken. Make the portrait more personal - pack a special outfit or any fun family "props" you might want included in the photo, such as a picture of the family dog or your son's soccer ball.
- Planning to enjoy the spa while you cruise? Once onboard, make the spa your first stop to get the best selection of appointment times and treatments.
- Looking for spa discounts? Select treatments are often discounted on the days the ship is in port.
- Many ships have very flexible dining options - make sure you know the available choices and visit the maitre d' early to inquire about recommendations and reservations.
- Planning on booking any shore excursions? If you know exactly what you want, save time and money by reserving them in advance with CruisesOnly Shore Excursions. Or, make the shore tours desk your first stop once you get onboard so you can ask for recommendations and make sure your favorite options don't sell out without your name reserved.
- Before you travel, do a little reading about the destinations you'll visit to get an idea of the local activities you might want to try.
- Be sure to bring proper shoes and clothing for the various types of excursions you’re interested in. Sneakers, water shoes, hats and visors, a water bottle with carry strap
- If you dine early, try to book the earliest excursion times so there's no need to rush to dinner later. Remember - room service is always an option, too!
- If your tour gets back early, consider returning to the ship to enjoy all the onboard amenities while most of your fellow passengers are still ashore.
Book an eligible stateroom on any qualifying sailing and receive a free upgrade! In some cases, you'll be upgraded to a more desirable location aboard your ship. In other instances, you'll be upgraded to a stateroom with extra space and/or a better view. It's also possible that you might receive all of these benefits. Select your sailing date to see which upgrades are available.